beerpongs & bentleys - Post Malone returns and instantly declares platinum streaming numbers for his new album (Full Review)

Post Malone first gained major recongition and success in August 2012 after the release of his debut single "White Iverson" before landing a record deal with Republic Records in the same month. He released his debut studio album Stoney in December 2016 with the single "Congratulations" peaking at number eight on the Billboard Hot 100. His second album, Beerbongs & Bentleys, was released on April 27, 2018 with its lead single "Rockstar" featuring 21 Savagebecoming Post's first Billboard Hot 100 number one.

Austin Richard Post (born July 4, 1995), known professionally as Post Malone, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer.

Regardless if you're a fan of post malone or not I know you would had heard of him and most definately would had heard his single "I fall apart" that literally took over social media platforms such as twitter, you couldn't scroll down your timeline without witnessing an individual state his lyrics on a tweet etc. 

After hitting one million views within a month of releasing "White Iverson", Post quickly garnered attention from record labels. In August 2015, he signed a recording contract with Republic Records. Post subsequently worked with a number of prominent rappers such as 50 Cent, Young Thug, and Kanye West, among others. In August 2015, he performed at Kylie Jenner's 18th birthday party, where he met Kanye West, who enjoyed his music, leading to him collaborating with Post on his single "Fade" from his album The Life of Pablo.Post later began his friendship with Canadian singer and songwriter Justin Bieber, which led to Post being an opening act for Bieber's Purpose World Tour  On April 20, 2016, Post premiered his new single, "Go Flex" on Zane Lowe's Beats 1 show. On May 12, 2016, he released his first full-length project, a mixtape, titled August 26,[39] the title of which was a reference to the release date of his debut album. On June 9, 2016, Post made his national television debut on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, performing "Go Flex".

SONG BY SONG BREAKDOWN

1. PARANOID (4.7/5)
2. SPOIL MY NIGHT (4.3/5)
3. RICH & SAD (4.5/5)
4. ZACK & CODEINE (5/5)
5. TAKIN SHOTS (4/5)
6. ROCKSTAR (5/5)
7. OVER NOW (4.1/5)
8. PSYCHO (5/5)
9. BETTER NOW (4.1/5)
10. BALL ON ME (4.9/5)
11. OTHERSIDE (3.5/5)
12. STAY (4/5)
13. BLAME IT ON ME (4/5)
14. SAME BITCHES (4.7/5)
15. JONESTOWN (N/A)
16. 92 EXPLORER (4.8/5)
17. CANDY PAINT (5/5)
18. SUGAR WRAITH (4.6/5)



Paranoid
The album kicks off with this track and instantly you feel thrown into the R&B soulfulness of his voice when post sings on the track, personally it's one them tracks that it grows on you I mean you could had an argument with your partner, could had a bad day at work and you could be thinking about all these thoughts and then you listen to paranoid and it's like "ahh someone else is expereicning the same thing"

The chorus speaks for itself also. 
(Chorus to Paranoid) 
Tell me why I can get no relief
Wonderin' when they'll come for me
A paranoid man makes paranoid plans
I'll do what I can, but it's out of my hands
Strugglin' just to find my peace


Spoil My Night (Feat. Swan Lee) 
Production on this record is infectious as hell and it’s going to make for a fun time as Swae and Post trade smooth lines and harmonies with each other. It's one of them tracks where if you judgd a track before any vocals has uttered a word you would feel I would never like this yet it's another classic that instantly makes you feel good. I'll be surprised if you don't hear this anthem playing in clubs or better yet on your friends pre-drink playlist. 

Swan Lee & Post Malone Chorus 
Spoil my night, spoil my night
Spoil my night (my night)
Spoil my night, spoil my night
I don't have much to say, I'll be out front
Won't you come spoil my night? (spoil my night)
Feelin's come into play and I'm thinkin' this happens every time
 Rich & Sad -
I’m obviously using my memory here, but b&b’s start is much different then Stoney’s. Post is clearly in a different place and he’s speaking about that in regards to love and money. “I would throw it all away/I just keep on wishing that the money made you stay.” Having a lot of women isn’t always a good
thing, folks. Remember that.

Ayy, I would throw it all away
I just keep on wishin' that the money made you stay
You ain't never cared about that bullshit anyway
I just keep on wishin' that the money made you stay, ayy
You know I would throw it all away
I just keep on wishin' that the money made you stay
Price went up, my price went up, we went our separate ways
I just keep on wishin' that the money made you stay, ayy, ayy



Zach & Codeine 
This is the perfect post track what I mean it throws you in the life of what we imagine life as post malone is truly like. the mixture of rap and sing post perfects this track, it's one of them tracks where you will find yourself doing day to day tasks then suddenly singing the lyrics from no reason alone. 
I'm not 100% because I don't know post malone personally to ask him this but I'm pretty certain he makes refrence to Zach and Cody. (Maybe Post a massive fan of Disney channel?) 

Man, my life so sweet, I feel like Cody (Cody)
I wake up, rinse my mouth with fuckin' codeine (codeine)
Thirty bottles, yeah, the bill is on me (on me)
Been livin' fast, no, I can't take it slowly (slowly)
Man, my life so sweet, I feel like Cody (Cody)
I wake up, rinse my mouth with fuckin' codeine (codeine)
We on a bender, we ain't gettin' no sleep (no sleep)
We turned the hotel lobby to a party



Takin' Shots 
I don't know how anyone can listen to this track without blarring it loud purely because you get to apperciaate the bass properly. This is Old post where everyone found him unique and special in regards to his flow and his abilty to ride a beat without even trying. It's mad when you hear this straight after all the soft ones because the second you hear this track you feel like just going out and having a good time. 

Drinkin' all night, but we ain't done yet (yet)
Waitin' on the plug, but he ain't come yet (yet)
Still need somethin'? Put your bank on it (bank on it)
Got a big bag with a Bape on it (big bag)
Party ain't over if they say somethin' (say somethin')
No sleep 'til I've seen three suns (three suns)
Party gon' end with a threesome (threesome)
Raw dog, prolly have three sons
Chasin' the Perc' with somebody, that shit never lets me down (uhm)
They go to work for some money, we make it from actin' out (uhm)
Grrrrrah, we takin' shots right now (shots right now)
Grrrrrah, yeah, we takin' shots right now (shots)


Over now 
Straight
of the bat I won't even be surprised if you end up hearing this same track used for a hollywood action movie. It's got the drums, post singing it's just amazing how he has the abiltyy to change it all up like linkin park. That being said the vocals speaks out to me alot about this track with everything going on within this track you don't really notice it until you take time to think it over it actually quite powerful.





I'ma pull up in a Bentley with a fuckin' hundred thousand in my pocket, yeah, yeah
I'ma pull in, swang my door open
Stuntin', knowin' everybody watchin', yeah, yeah
And help another bitch out the whip
And I don't give a fuck if you don't like it, yeah, yeah
Just to show you that it's over
It don't matter what you gotta say about it, yeah
I'ma put that bitch pussy in a motherfucking bodybag
So you know that I'm never ever coming back
You kept your heart on the counter in a Prada bag
I used to never ever want to see the light of day, yeah
I was an idiot
Begging on my knees on to the floor
Now, I don't even want you anymore, anymore
It's over now
It's over now, yeah, yeah, yeah, ayy

Phscho (Feat. Ty Dolla $ign) 
Another very successful single during the album’s roll out and let me say this. If I had to choose which single was between Psycho and Rockstar? It would be Psycho without a shadow of doubt it's everything about this track posts vocals and Ty dolla $ign fits perfectly too. It's one of them tracks where your parents will find themselves listening to it and stating oooh I like this one. 
Damn, my AP goin' psycho, lil' mama bad like Michael
Can't really trust nobody with all this jewelry on you
My roof look like a no-show, got diamonds by the boatload
Come with the Tony Romo for clowns and all the bozos
My AP goin' psycho, lil' mama bad like Michael
Can't really trust nobody with all this jewelry on you
My roof look like a no-show, got diamonds by the boatload
Don't act like you my friend when I'm rollin' through my ends, though


Better Now 

This for me is a perfect party anthem. A very common theme for Post during the album’s first half, is love and missing that “special someone”. Wasn’t he in a relationship when he came on the scene? I’m just spit balling here. To be honest, “Better Now” could do some work on the charts. Such a pop record that has the right set up to capture our attention. The hook is killer. I promise the second you hear this track you will find yourself head bopping and either lip syncing the lyrics or belting out the lyrics. 

You probably think that you are better now, better now
You only say that 'cause I'm not around, not around
You know I never meant to let you down, let you down
Woulda gave you anything, woulda gave you everything
You know I say that I am better now, better now
I only say that 'cause you're not around, not around
You know I never meant to let you down, let you down
Woulda gave you anything, woulda gave you everything


Ball for me (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
For me this is one of them tracks that doesn't bang quiet like the other singles on the album, that being said the vibe of the track reminds me like an old school 90's record and sampled, that being said Nicki's verse is hard! 
I like the track don't get me wrong it's just one of them tracks if you've heard back to back numerious of time you may skip it,  I don't know why that is I'm just stating it could get annoying. Perhaps it's the chorus as with his other tracks they could be a pointless track yet have a killer hook or chorus. 
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooh, ball for me
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooh, b-ball for me, yeah
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooh, ball for me
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooh, b-ball for me, yeah

Otherside 
I've witnessed a few people complain or throw shade to this record, I don't know why I mean yes it's another emotional post malone and another singing post. I personally feel It's a different style of post. It's creative and I loved it. 

I been waitin', wide awake for the waves to come and take
Take me right to you
One hundred bottles of the good shit, couldn't even bring you back
What am I to do?
Feel like I'm circlin' a drain, all I see is the remains of an ugly truth
One hundred models I could follow all the way to hell and back, but they can't replace you

Stay 

I don't know if he intended for it to sound like this but it geniuely sounds like a country song. I loved this purely because everyone asks the same sort of questions in regards to his music. Can he sing different types of music, I love the fact he's able to switch it up so effortlessly 

Tell me that it's all okay (tell me that it's all okay)
I've been waitin' on this all damn day (waitin' on this all damn day)
Call me in the mornin', tell me how last night went
I'm here, but don't count on me to-

Blame it on me 
The flow of this album has been laid back and The Weeknd-ish as Post has rarely turned up and brag about his riches. In a sense, I really like that. Many probably expected such songs and while they could still come (there’s four more songs), Post’s decision to write and create songs which show his vulnerability and current status in life makes for better music. It just does. “I used to say, I was free/Now all these people want pieces of me”.
That you can't blame it on me, yeah
It's not my fault, it's not my fault, it's not my fault
Blame it on me
It's not my fault, it's not my fault, it's not my fault
I couldn't breathe
Almost lost myself, couldn't stop myself, I did it all
You can't blame it on me
It's not my fault, it's not my fault, it's not my fault
Same Bitches Ft (G-Eazy &YG)
This is what you call old school rap featuring the new cats of the rap game. I geniunely loved G-eazy & YG on this. It's one of them tracks where you turn too when you need motivation and just to play a track to get you hyped for something could be for a gym session or for work whatever it is. 

I been in L.A. too long
How I see the same bitches everywhere I go?
It don't really matter where they from
Actin' or a model, heard it all before
Population four million, how I see the same bitches?
Yeah, yeah
Population four million, how I see the same bitches?
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Jonestown - (Interlude) 

Most artists and albums use an interlude to drop a hidden single in there but this is a cool futuristic interlude but it's only 1 minute and 30 of nothing actually happening so it's exactly what it's designed for. 

92 Explorer 
I like the fact Post malone has the abilty to put bars together no matter the beat.  The beat is very different and funky yet he just manages to adapt like it's breathing. Loving the early beat drops as they help set the tone on this record. Post and ol girl are vibing right and he knows people are looking at them as they do so. I really like this as a end of the album record.

Ooh, baby, ooh, baby, guap keep expandin'
Ooh, yuck me up, I don't want no romancin'
Ooh, baby, I see these muhfuckas' glancin'
When my whip stop, then my wheels keep spinnin'
Ooh, baby, ooh, baby, guap keep expandin'
Ooh, yuck me up, I don't want no romancin'
Ooh, baby, I see these muhfuckas' glancin'
When my whip stop, then my wheels keep spinnin'

Candy Paint 

The intro of this track will make it memorable. What I mean by that you instantly feel the vibe and instantly feel as if you've heard it before and feel you want to sing A long. Most artists don't do this anymore end the album strongly but this is one of my favourite tracks of the album without a shadow of doubt. 

Candy paint with the white on top
Lambo doors are the oo-op drop
If you busy plottin' on what I got
Kick in your door, that's SWAT, you thot
Hundred thousand dollars on the table top
Half price my whip, same price my watch
Got no jumper, but I ball a lot
Bitch, I'm young Stoney, I do what I want
Candy paint with the white on top (skrrt)
Lambo doors are the oo-op drop (drop)
If you busy plottin' on what I got
Kick in your door, that's SWAT, you thot (pop)
Hundred thousand dollars on the table top
Half price my whip, same price my watch (bling)
Got no jumper, but I ball a lot (swish)
Bitch, I'm young Stoney, I do what I want


Sugar Wraith 
“I started with a eighth, alright/And I done and went changed my life”. Post is sticking with the script and creating smooth but spacey vibes. This is definitely something, you will play in the car especially one of great wealth. Post continues to look back at what use to be and finally accepts his new fame. He’s at peace. About time.

I started with an eighth, alright (alright)
And then I went and changed my life (my life)
I might take out the Wraith tonight (tonight)
Put your arms around me, baby
I just want to fly, make it last before we die
And I know you want a ride
What's on your mind? What's on your mind?


Post malone is one of the most creative individuals on the face of the earth right now, beerpongs and bentleys was a completely rollcoaster filled of emotions it teleports you on a journey and makes you tempory forget about how much horrible the rest of the world is for a brief period of time. 
I feel this album will do incredible in the album charts. I mean if you was a fan of his debut album stoney, however the only thing I can say is that it's slightly different to his first album because he feels more mature, he's learning to express his feelings and emotions, he's not afraid to let loose and bare all on a vocal. That's what made this album so special in my eyes because he had no problem with mixing the two. 

If you haven't got your copy of Beerpong and bentleys then go grab a copy today you won't be disapointed. 

No comments