Things need to change - Black Lives Matter poem - LiamPaddy

Remember this isn't the first victim taken from the hands of the cops
They promised they'll protect and serve nah fuck that they're flops
lets say it what it is you're scared by the colour of their skin
I mean why else did he have a smile and a grin 
George Floyd screamed out I can't breathe but the choke got tighter 
I made a vow I want to change the world, so I became a writer. 

We have different skin but we are all brothers 
I was always taught to be kind and respectful to others
We need to unite act like dominoes if one falls, we fall together
Raise our fists high and scream black lives matters whatever the weather
I'm not stating we need to start wars 
But we need to kick through doors
Maybe they will listen, maybe they will learn 
if they don't then sorry to say this but your city will fucking burn. 

The looting, the burning won't stop until their voices are heard 
I made someone a promise I won't stop until we get justice I gave them my word
A lot of people reading this will probably think, what does he know he's only white
you know what they're clearly right, but I was born to write. 
Reflections of the pain I see from my peers 
I hate seeing friends of mine shedding tears
living with fears
It's gotten worse within recent years

News outlets needs to stop spreading hate and fear
As remember you started all this lets get that very clear
You can't try to make individuals scared all time then wonder why they act
Now times need to change. Run that story, that's a fucking fact
It's not about race it's about humanity 
How can you allow innocent lives taken that's just fucking insanity 


Things need to change together we can 
We are gonna need to put our heads together and come up with a plan
This can't go on. It's 2020 It's just out of line
Their pain is beginning to reach the deadline


The amount of times I wrote this poem out and scribbled it out, then re-typed it. Nervous to write something like this as it's something I haven't done before. But it's how I feel and I believe it's what everyone is feeling. I couldn't just go by and do nothing. I apologise if you feel I offended yourself or anyone within the message I put through here in this poem. I would love to hear your thoughts. Please refrain from abuse and hate comments though. 

Thank you for reading. 

Stay safe 

Love 

Liam X



No comments