Sad news for Office fans Space Force was dissapointing.


The people tasked with creating a sixth branch of the armed services: The Space Force.


Genre: Comedy
Network: Netflix
Premiere Date: May 29, 2020
Creators: Steve Carell, Greg Daniels, Steve Carell, Greg Daniels
Exec. Producer: Howard Klein


I was so excited when I seen this advertised for weeks. Even watching the trailer and seeing the screenshots of the shot generated more and more excitement. Yet when Netflix finally put it on for me personally it didn't live up to the hype I was hoping it was going to have. Don't get me wrong did it have funny tongue and cheek moments? absolutely. some moments you do find yourself laughing out loud but then the humour fizzles out. Or I felt they tried to focus on one element and forget about the rest. 


I think the reason why shows like The Office was so successful was because they didn't try too hard to be funny it came naturally. All had their own funny spin to things. Whereas with this show it's like there was a sense of confusion if they was making a drama or a witty comedy. 

That doesn't mean I didn't find it entertaining. I just felt it could had been better and in the end I was left with the feeling of disappointment more than anything. I did feel it provided a great entertainment value as a family friendly show together, but if it was a show you hoped to binge watch on a long-scale at some point I personally can't see that I am afraid. 

If they do come back for season two with the feedback that has been floating online I do believe they will be given one I do feel they need to up the ante and try to be more laid back with the humour. 

I completely understand the witty in your face style they was going for considering they was attempting to find life on the moon, the plot wasn't my issue it was the forced comedy style they added to the charecrters. The characters individuals are great, and all added their own value to the show but you cut them and look at them for what characteristics they had and what they brought to the show it's not a lot unfortunately. 



A lot of people will be watching this now as it was uploaded the same time of the dragon spacex launch so they would be curious to see and watch further space related shows. Sadly for me personally I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth. I wasn't fully over excited from watching it. I couldn't help but feel this could had been tremendous. I do feel the rating on Imdb does reflect a fair score for this show 6/10 

Why don't you watch it on Netflix and let me know your thoughts for those that has no idea what show I am talking about I'll add the trailer for you.


@Liampaddyy 

               

No comments