Bellator 200: BELLATOR LONDON May 25, 2018 The SSE Arena, Wembley London, UK




What can we expect about when Bellator hits Wembley Tonight night. You will get a whole bunch of talent on offer one in particular former Geordie Shore star Aaron Chalmers will be making his Bellator debut also.

Can I still watch it if I never managed to get tickets?

I don't know if you've noticed but MMA is arguably one of the highest growing combat sports on the plant right now. If you seen the line up and was like wow I need to see this card but unfortunately missed tickets due to high demand.
The main card will be aired on 5spike (For those that don't know the channel numbers fear not I got you covered)

Freeview: 31
Sky: 150
Spike +1 (sky): 250
Talk Talk: 31
Freesat: 141
BT TV: 31
Virgin Media: 154



Who will be fighting on the Prelim card?


Anatoly Tokov will be taking on Vladimir Flipovic, both are powerful guys 60% Anatoly's win's has been a way of knock out. That being said he's great on the ground too. Having 5 victories of a way submission also. His opponent is a warrior that likes to take his opponent through all the set rounds.  
Therefore he's got the tank to go the distance. It'll be a great fight. 



Footage of Anatoly Tokov V Fransico France

         




Who do I think will win? 

Personally, I'm going for Anatoly Tokov. I think he'll get an early stoppage if he catches him. I don't feel the reach won't be too effective really but could be something to worry about when closing the distance. 



Daniel Crawford will be taking on Pedro Carvalho, this is going to be such a great featherweight matchup. Both evenly matched with styles go. That being said Daniel is dangerous on his feet, 60% of his wins have been by KO.
That being said though his only loss in his career was from a KO too. This is the classic match up between a striker and a grappler, Pedro would prefer this on the ground to try to get Daniel to tap. It's weather or not he won't get caught with a left hook or not that's the question. 

Daniel Crawford Profile


                


Who do I think will win? 

I think Daniel Crawford will take victory, I see him knocking Pedro out if his penitence binds his time waits for his shots don't force them come. As long as he makes this fight his and not Pedro's I think Daniel should take a comfortable W. 



Ryan scope takes on another fellow brit that's Martyn Harris both very fairly similar both fighters are hunger for a war, on paper going by record Ryan scope has the better record of the two. Although that being said his only defeat in his career was from a Rear naked choke from Lewis Long. It's going to be an interesting fight to say the least. Both fighters are ready for carnage and ready to leave it all in the cage. I'm excited about truthfully. 


BAMMA 33: Ryan Scope Vs Mickael Lebout
            

Who do I think will win? 

This one is too hard to call. Purely because he's got more tools to utilise he's strong on his feet, and I think he's confident on the ground although I think he'll prefer to keep this standing up as best he can. I think Ryan Scope takes Victory. 


Charlie Ward will take on Martin Hudson in another Middleweight Prelim fight. Out of all the fights that I've highlighted that's going to be on the card this is probably the first fight I don't really know much about either fighter. 
I know a lot about Charlie ward I've watch a few of his fights in the past. I love his style of fights they're gritty, unusual way of fighting too. Not many people likes his style I personally like it because it's one of them unique styles that you know he's prepared to take heads off, It's a style that makes it very hard to get hit. His record is good MMA record. Four wins three losses even though he hasn't had many pro fights he still has the potential of becoming a world champion. That being said his three defeats have all been KO/TKO I don't know if that's a red flag or if that was early on in his career or what but If I'm Martin Hudson I would most definitely want to be aware of that. However that being said Hudson is majority the same so statistically it's pretty balanced fight. It'll come down too who wants it more. 




Who do I think will win?

Personally I don't feel either fighter will get knocked out, I mean I'm hoping Charlie ward does create something mind blowing that makes everyone talk about him. But I can just see Charlie Ward taking the win but via a split Decision on the scorecards.



Next on we have two more warriors fighting out of England so another fight to get the crowd excited about. Saul Rogers who has a professional record of 12 wins and two losses. Whereas his opponent Jeremy Petley has 12 wins 8 losses and 1 draw. You know this is going to be an excellent starter before the main course that is the main card. I'm excited for this for a few reasons both fighters love to fight and be involved in tense and close fights. This is going to be huge. Even though this is a featherweight bout you'd be convinced this was a heavyweight not by their size but how fast and powerful each of them hits.


              


Who do you think will win? 

Personally I think Saul Rogers takes the win for this fight. Just personally he's been through highs and lows throughout his career and I just feel he's grown a lot as a whole of a fighter. I just feel he's more powerful, strong, fast, just somebody I have no doubt that he will handle this I won't say with ease as I won't disrespect his opponent like that but I will say by the second round. 




I think the middleweight division is looking on of the finest divisions in MMA. Not just in Bellator in the whole of MMA. But this is going to be such a great bout. So close to call. Costello Van Steenis who has nine wins and one loss whereas his opponent Kevin Fryer who has six wins and two losses. who is also representing UK too. 
I think both fighters are strong and willing to go beyond expectation to get the job done. They're similiar as a form of their styles go. That being said I still believe a fast knock out is just round the corner for this fight. 

              


Who Do I think will win? 

I know being a fellow English man myself every time us Brits competes its a known fact you have to get behind someone from England it's a form of respect. Unfortunately I don't see that happening I believe Costello Will take the win on this one. 



Charlie Leary V Tom Green Both UK based fighters. Charlie Leary has an impressive record of 14 wins, 9 losses and 1 draw. Tom Green on the other hand 12 wins and 2 losses. Both lightweight fighters are both great talented guys I think this will be a great fight. regardless whom everyone thinks may or may not happen with this fight a knock out could potentially happen.







Who Will win this fight?

This is another hard fight to call I genuinely don't know but to be truthfully honest I think Tom Green has the better record out of the two. (Which if everyone is aware means nothing in MMA) Although that being said I do feel he's got a lot more to prove and I feel will do whatever it takes to take home the win for this one. I don't think a knockout will happen despite how much I would love one. I think this will be another split decision.



Another potential war for the prelims will be taking place on in the Welterweight Division it will take place between the following Kent Kauppinen and Walter Gahadza both fighters are potentially identical statistically Kent kauppinen has 10 wins and 3 losses whereas Gahadza has 16 Wins and 3 losses. It's going to be an epic fight both of these two men have fought in sensational fights prior to this one therefore you just know this has potential to get everyone talking about this one.
I think this will be a very close fight, one mistake and it's game over.





Who do I think will win?

I think as I said before this will be a close fight. I see Walter Gahadza picking and waiting for his spots and waiting for the clear shots taking them and knocking Kent unconscious. Walter wins by KO.


Marcin Zywica V Jahreau Shepard personally I've never heard or seen either one of these fight before so It's going to be hard to comprehend on what the type of styles of either fighter will fight like. Purely because one fighter has a 2-0 record and the other has 0-1-0 record.
I don't know to say about this fight you know it will be shown really early in the prelims card as a starter therefore no one will really care as of much.

That even said you cant really find footage on either fighter. So I can't really judge on who I believe will take this fighter. I have no idea who will win whatever happens happens.


Another war for the featherweight division both fighters are both undefeated. This will be such a great fight especially when both fighters are undefeated because you know it's very rare that a draw will happen. Therefore someone will definitely be taking a loss in this fight. I love that sense of excitement knowing that someone could face defeat and someone could face victory.
Purely because not only both fighters are from the UK and both Undefeated I won't state which fighter I want to win. But I will say this I hope both fighter comes out safe and is able to come home safe to their families because on paper this has the potential to be a war.


             



I think this is one of the most underated prelim card because of the magnitud of these two fighters they will leave it all in that cage win, lose or draw. A Flyweight match up between the highly talented Amir Albazi V Iuri Bejenari, Amir having an unbeaten run of 10 wins and 0 loses whereas his opponent Iuri is trying to end his unbeaten run with his current record being 6 wins and 2 losses. 
Amir is one of those fighters that's comfortable wherever the fight will take place. In his 10 wins 4 have be by a way of knockout, 5 by submission and one by a decision. However the fight goes it'll be interesting to see how this unrolls. 
This will be the classic match of Sweden V France. Who comes out on top? 

              


Who do I think will win this?

Honestly? I think Amir albazi's unbeaten run continues and takes victory in this one. However this fight goes regardless if it's on the ground or on the feet I think Amir will be strong and be consistantly changing levels and I just seeing it being too much for Iuri Bejenari.


The Main Card 



Middleweight that was orignally put on the prelim card but now has made it upon the main card,  fight between another of two British fighters. With a fighting record of 11 wins and 1 loss Michael Shipman will take on Carl Noon who consist of 7 wins and two losses. Michael Shipman is a beast on the feet in his 11 of his victories 7 of his victories have been a way of knockout. He isn't the strongest on the ground but he's impressive to say the least having some victories on the ground as well. 4 in total by submission. For michael's strategy going into this fight I feel his going to be confident going on an unbeaten run I think he'll try to keep it standing the best he can and hopefully get a KO. Carl Noon is an impressive fighter with a great record not the best by all means but he's a fighter that has no problem getting his hands dirty and going to war. He's had 7 wins and two losses doesn't really posses the knockout power as maybe Shipman has to offer but who knows what will happen the second the cage door close



     



Who do I think will win?

guys like these are always hard to predict unless you're a die hard fan of the sport to which I am you would had seen them or watched them perform before. However that being said it is truly hard to call. But I'm going for experience and in this example Michael Shipman has the more experience out of the two. He's been involved in great fights. He has great power in his hands to which has done great damage to his opponents. I feel Michael Shipman will win via a KO or TKO. I don't know what round probably in the 1st.


For everyone that don't hasn't seen Shipman fight before and would like to see how he fights before deciding weather or not you will cheer him on fear not I've got a video of his last fight right here.

The crazy thing about it all is that we haven't even got to some of the more crazier and utterly sensational fights still to come.



        




Next we have a war within the Women flyweight division. Between the English Kate Jackson who has a record of 9 wins, 3 loses and 1 draw. she'll be taking on the dangerous Russian that is Anastasia Yankova who has a professional record of 5 wins and 0 losses.

I get sweaty palms just even thinking about this one. I mean not only is this perfect for female MMA but it's perfect for MMA fans all around the entire world. Purely because these two women are just sensational to watch. As crazy and weird as it sounds I genuinely don't want anyone to lose because I love both of the fighters.

Anastasia's fight record within the Bellator so far we'll look in depth of her previous fights so far then we will do the same with Kate Jackson also.




What this show's you is that Anastasia is not afraid to get in a slug fest. If it gets taken to the ground she has submissions in her arsenal that she has no problem using whenever she see's fit. Also her last two wins have been by decision therefore she can not only take a punch or two but you know she has great stamina which will help within the championship rounds and when her opponent could potentially gas out.

Now lets look at Katie Jacksons previous fight record.

Even though Katie Jackson has a lot of fighting experience she hasn't faught a lot within Bellator as of yet.


Seeing these hasn't really giving much away in all things considered I mean it just shows both fighters are willing and expecting a war and willing to leave everything out there in the cage. Us as MMA fans just mop it all up with sheer excitement.

Who do I think will win?

This is too hard for me to decide I mean purely because she has the heart of a lion I want to say Katie 1) because it's on the main card and 2 because it's in England. Who knows she could potentially break her unbeaten streak.
I think it's a very tough fight to call though so if it was to go the distance I would not like to be a judge for this one. Either fighter is just going to have to want it more and give more than the other one then we will know who will be victorious on the night.




This is the fight no one expected. I don't mean because Ash Griffiths is an champion and it was an impossible opponent, I mean no one expected Aaron Chalmers who was on the hit reality TV show Geordie Shore to now being on the main card at Bellator 200. I think with Aaron's previous fights not only did he prove a lot of doubters wrong but he proved he has got many tools in his arsenal. Stepping up to a bigger promotion. bigger promotion means bigger opponent's. yet bigger chances for bigger opportunities.

This is gonna be exciting I mean Aaron has shown he's good on the ground he hasn't been properly tested on the ground to know for sure how well his ground game truly is. Yet his stand up striking for me it's one of the best I mean there's only a matter of time how long he will be doing this for but he's got a great potential.



             


Ash Griffiths who has a professional record of 4 wins and 5 losses this to me seems like the guy has a poor chin. I mean 3 of his last fights all ended with him being knocked out or TKO'ed, that's always a mental battle before he's even started a camp. Instantly doubting himself and it's having that ability to be able to block it out and prepare for the fight despite the outcome.

That being said though he does contain to be threat, he's got power in his hands 75% of his victories have ended with him KO'ing his opponent. I am going to be curious if that will be his game plan come out strong and instantly put Aaron on the back foot. Instantly make him feel the power in his hands and make Aaron doubt his game plan.


          

That being said however Aaron shouldn't be taken lightly either I mean everyone including myself didn't think he would be continuing with it. Personally I thought he'd have one fight then make a reality show about it. The fact he's been consistent with it and actually gotten better and better after each fighter you have to give him nothing but respect.

This will be a huge challenge for Aaron, but he's already made his debut for a previous promotion before and even when everyone was booing him he still turned up put on a show and of course won. Aaron possess deadly hands I mean if he's anything like his previous fight which I personally believe he'll be far better than his last fight I can't see it going past the first round and having Aaron Ko or TKO'ing Ash.

if you was living under a rock and you never got a chance to witness Arron's last fight fear not I have you covered.


          

I think this fight has potential to cause a huge storm. What I mean by that Aaron has the chance to cause hell and make a statement on his Debut I'm here and I want such and such next. Or Ash Gritth's has the chance to ruin the party. who knows what either camp has done to prepare each fighter I just know as most people is I'm truly excited. Let the games begin!


The Weigh in

      

Just for the record I thought this fight was a Welterweight but it's Catch-weight. I don't even care what the weight was/is I just know this is a fight that will get everyone on social media talking regardless the result.

Who do I think will win?

I think Aaron Chalmers keeps him under pressure, at the moment Ash thinks Aaron is still the Reality star I believe he hasn't probably taken this fight seriously. I mean I just think Aaron will go in there break him down, use his jab. He won't rush his shots but when he'll wait for the opening catch him on the counter and KO him in the 2nd round.



Next we have a war within the Light Heavyweight division. Between two crazy powerhouse of guys Phil Davis V Linton Vassell. Phil Davis who currently has a professional record of 18 wins and four losses whereas Linton Vassell has a professional record of 18 wins and 6 losses.

Both fighter's has a unique and indifferent styles that's why I believe this will be hard to decide who wins but most importantly both fighters are prepared for war.



           


Phil Davis has all these skills yet he doesn't quiet utilise them enough what I mean by that is majority of his wins has been from a decision. Not saying that's a bad thing because a win is a win after all.

something similar to Linton Vassell too. Both fighters are going to be apprehensive about closing the distance as they will know each other has ridiculous power in their hands so they'd be trying to avoid them hands or kicks off each other. It may not be visually an exciting fight but it may be a chess match style of a fight.



      

Who do I think will win this fight?

I think this fight will be exciting in places but it won't be the type of excitment we'd hope to have. As I said both fighters will be too nervous for getting caught and get put to sleep. I think Linton Vassell by Decision.



This is going to be a sensational fight both fighters are unbelievable talented. Michael Page has one of the finest knock out reels on the planet anyone who he faces and knocks out become and instant meme. It's crazy.

Michael Page who currently has a professional record of 12 wins and 0 losses. Whereas his opponent David Rickels has 19 wins and 4 losses. Lets look at David's previous fight record within Bellator.


As you can see there's a lot of ups and down's throughout his career, that's not saying he's not talented and should be underestimated which of course isn't the case. He can KO you although he could leave his chin exposed and get himself knocked out in the process.


       

Michael page is a different animal there's a reason why this guy is undefeated. Purely because no one has gotten near to him. He's got this really bizarre and unique way of how he fights that only works for him and him alone. If anyone tried to copy or replicate it would only end humiliating fashion.


        

Who do I think wins?

No question. I won't even need to do a whole speech about how or why either the man will stay undefeated going into the fight and leave the fight undefeated. Michael Page wins via Knock out.



Rafael Carvalho (C) Vs Gegard Mousasi both of these fighters are classed as vetrans within the middleweight devision. These two have been apart of some of the biggest fights known to man. 
Rafael Carvakho has a professional record of 15 wins and 1 loss. Whereas Gegard Mousasi has a professional record of 43 wins 6 losses and 2 draws. 

I think this has potential to create and generate the storm of the middleweight division one is a unbelieable knock out highlight reel fighter and the other one is an all round specalist, I mean how do you prepare for such a legend I don't know I just know as a fan of MMA it's going to be electric. 




           

Rafael shouldn't be looked over I mean this guy is the champ for a reason. He has unbelievable power in his hands therefore he is utterly deadly, and could potentially put you to sleep at any given time of the fight.

He's one of those fighters that can change up the tempo of a fight so quickly and effectively, He's one of the finest fighters to ever walk into the cage. The second the cage door closes you know he's about to go to war and it's leave everything on the line or get flatted it's as a simple as that.

6 of his last fights within Bellator has 4 of the 6 fights ended with a way of knockout.  Two ended within the first round. to me that's what makes him an exciting fighter I mean you never know what stem of excellence we will see today. In a way he reminds me of Jon Jones. I don't mean the fact that he could be potentially on steroids but his legacy where no one has or can't beat him as of yet. I think he's one of those guys that makes you excited to be a MMA fan because you get that sense of anyone who decides to stand the other side of the cage to him.


            

This will be a fight that would so hard to call. I'm just excited as a fan to be a apart of it to enjoy it entirely. Gegard Mousasi is a veteran when it comes to MMA. There has never been a holy shit moment where this guy hasn't been apart of. Coming from his only Win inside Bellator he's given a shot at the middleweight belt. why he was never given the opportunity in the UFC I'll never know but I know things will be exciting to watch.

Everyone that has fought Gegard Mousasi in the past has all commented on how difficult he truly is to fight. It doesn't matter how much tape you would watch of this guy to try to analysis his movement and the way he strikes, he will always change things up no matter the situation. What I will say is this I've never seen Gegard Mousasi look so hungry for gold as I've seen him right now. He's ready and waiting for the war to begin.

Because this is most likely scheduled for a 5 round of MMA action, therefore I could see this being a slow burner to identify each other to see what each other's game plan or plan of action would be. I would love to see this being a knockout throw-down, I can't seeing that happening I see Gegard Mousasi using his knowledge and experience to his advantage. Keeping his distance, closing the distance well. keeping light on his feet, stepping in and out of the pocket, avoiding as much damage as he possibly can. Yet I see him grinding him out for a unanimous decision.


         

As much as I didn't want to pick a winner the more I wrote the more I'd have to say purely for experience and the fact I would love for him to win the belt as it would be a insane story. I don't want people to think I'm cheering on Mousasi so I don't like Rafael, that isn't the case at all. I am a fan of both fighters, purely because of legacy and because it would make one beautiful movie one day watching his biopic on the big screen I'm going to have to go for Mousasi.

Footage starts from 7pm (Prelims)
9PM (Main Card)

All action will be televised on 5Spike.

If you have a story you want me to cover get in contact at @Liampaddyy

No comments