Suicide Awareness - Poem - Liampaddy


With the whole bleak world of what 2020 has looked I wrote a poem to show the light of suicide and the darkness of what some people whom suffer in silence with mental health and the magnitudes of lockdowns and what it does for one's mental health.


I wanted to write this to show anyone who can relate to the words in the poem that you are never alone. If you ever feel any of the words expressed in this poem please either speak to the numbers attached or speak to someone in general.




Finally I will say this behind every smile is a story, just because they are smiling on the outside doesn't mean they are smiling on the inside so please just be considerate and kind to everyone.




Suicide Awareness - Poem - Liampaddy



 I stayed awake and contemplated ending my life 

It was the same feeling like meeting a girl then saying I’ll make you my wife

I was sure that the world needed me less 

That lives would be happier and bliss 

I mean I’m just me, right? What would anyone miss?

The clock struck midnight and I’m covered in sweat 

Gasping for air, panting and panicking as no one is there


I stop the breathing for a second 

It was like I took the needle off the record 

All the sound fizzled out and the noises went away

Leaving me with a glimmer of hope that maybe I should stand and pray

Relax get some sleep as tomorrow is a brand new day 


When someone is feeling low or empty inside 

It’s not because they’re seeking attention but they’re on a mental carousel ride

Never tell them to cheer up, or get over it as for them it’s impossible 

Just imagine living with a demon on your shoulder

For only them to bear witness for their beholder 

We all have weaknesses and even insecurities 

Whether it’s visual or mentally hidden 

We should not be avoiding these topics like they’re nothing but forbidden 


We live in a world full of so much hate and destruction

Tearing each other apart making us hate or even kill one on other

When in reality we should be loving each other as you would for your sister or brother

Mental healths real and it’s tearing lives 

Even if  your rich, poor or if you’re still paying alimony for your previous wives 


Never for one second feel as if you are on your own

Just take a look in a mirror  and see how far you’ve grown 

Never be ashamed to feel the need to call a friend up by using your phone

Like you we were I’ll let you get back to sitting back on your throne.


This was just my message to people who are currently suffering from mental health. You’re not alone. 


If you have ever experienced any of the things I’ve described and you have contemplated suicide please do call someone.


Suicide hotline numbers ⚠️


United Kingdom 🇬🇧 116 123

The United States 🇺🇸 1-800-273-8255

Canada 🇨🇦 1 800 456 4566

Ireland 🇮🇪 116 123

Australia 🇦🇺131 114




No comments