James Blunt - Moon Landing Album Review




James Blunt Moon Landing 
Album Review 
Reviewed By: Liam O'Leary 





James Blunt - Moon Landing Album Review 


He Returns with his mellow and calm voice, this album is captivating, moving and excellently written. It was as if you were taken on a journey throughout track by track.  You believe the lyrics perfectly. It's a sense of him telling a story through his music which not many artists can seem to do. 

James blunt You're beautiful singer  introduced the world with this excellent new album it's highly different of what's in the charts at the moment. Yet saying that I felt it captivates mood and passion perfectly. Includes the highly loved new single Bonfire Heart. It's such a feel good loveable album. I couldn't fault any track off the album literally played the whole album without a single track. I was slightly nervous to listen to this specific album as it had been a while since he released an album and I haven't been a majorly fan of his but I was wrong to be nervous or not a fan for that matter as I felt Moon landing was incredible. I'm most definitely a fan now. 

Being away from the music industry to take a break, his sound doesn't sound as if he's gone anywhere in fact it's better more mature and rich tone. It's a unique smooth tone which reflects of this album. Having and maintain heart and emotion in an album is pretty hard to reflect for an artist but I think James Blunt is probably one of the only artists who could do something like that with sheer ease. He makes writing with sheer passion and excellence look easy, It's an heart felt album purely incredible. 

Overall I'd rate this album a 8/10 It's just high class you don't need to know anything else I couldn't even skip any other track because I was engaged that much, I just wanted to find out what else is coming. All around it's a heartfelt and emotional album I couldn't get enough of it literally. It was slightly different what's currently in the charts at the moment I think that's one of the reasons why it's such a success as It's brand new something original to the table. Which is amazing. I wasn't surprised he returned as he's so talented, yet I was surprised it wasn't sooner. I think this album is going to have endless amounts of success within Itunes charts or even billboard charts I reckon you'll be hearing and seeing more from James blunt the next few months.


Favourite 4 tracks of the album: 

Miss America - For me it was amazing,  as it's got emotion and heart and tells a great story, although the whole album does that but for me it's has a impact for me as I enjoyed listening to. Whilst listening you understand his emotions when he wrote the song, you wonder the thoughts he was feelings or the story he was trying to tell, which for me was pretty effective. I thought it was such a great track. It maintained a different feeling towards the album which is one of the reasons I admired it to be perfectly honest. 







Bonfire Heart - It's a feel good track and as soon as it comes on you instantly feels good you don't need to listen to much else. It's a great track, as the whole album is but this specifically has that feel good factor that encourages you to listen to more wanting to find out what's else to come on the album, for me it was a key aspect on the album. I loved it. As it's been getting endless amounts of popularity from the charts I thought the the popularity would of drifted yet it didn't it did the opposite it made me admire it more. It's constantly catchy you hear it and end up humming and singing the chorus. 



Postcards - It was an incredible track and I love the instruments used within the making of it, such a nice mellow creative track. I say that because it creates a feel good factor just like the rest of the album does it's absolutely incredible. I think this specifically track a catchy chorus and has the power with the second you hear it you instantly to know the words for the song even though you don't it's remarkable. I think that's why the album is such a good hit because everyone got that feeling from the whole album. It's such a feel good album especially this track for that matter. 






Kiss This Love goodbye - It was a complete different, having a different approach for the album having a track representing a break up etc. It was great it had you experiencing his feelings and emotions he was going through and experiencing for making the album which was something new and never been done before which was highly impressive.  It maintains feeling and emotion which maintains a great feel good song. I embraced the whole album I like this song specifically as you get to understand him more as an artist and learn about his past and feelings, It expresses his emotions perfectly. 




To be honest I probably would recommend this specific album purely on the circumstance that it's different and unique from other albums out there, has pure heart and soul within each track you have the way to learn about him and express his feelings and emotions. It's such a powerful album for me. I mean I wasn't always a massive James Blunt fan yet this album changed my views about him as he brought something completely different from people in the charts at the moment. I admired this album I deeply feel that this specific album will be an ultimate success throughout the album charts. Believe me when I say this you are going to hear more of this in later months as I've got a feeling everyone is going to adore this album just as much as I do. 

It's an incredible album. Grab your copy of the album now! 

No comments