Money Success Coach Clare Turner-Marshall Interview



 Clare Turner-Marshall - Money Success Coach Interview
Interviewed By: StreetCred Magazine - Myself. 




Could you tell me a little background information about you and what it is that you do? 

A little background on what I do Is I am a money success coach so what I do is I help people to achieve and making it in their lifetime quite simply the greatest way for me to kind of explain it to you is when you look at the sporting world, in the sporting world everybody has a coach. And why do they have a coach? because basically they want to be the best they want to be elite they want to win. That's what the philosophy is and when we look at really great managers and really great icons in the sporting world somebody like Sir Alex Ferguson who achieved amazing things. Why did he do that? well because he was consistent he had patience but most of all he had time to make it happen. The problem with a lot of people is they want instant success they want it overnight, they read these stories about how somebody got from here to here making all this money. The reality of the situation is the tortoise always beats the hare so what I do I work with my clients to find out what's going on for them now. Where they are in their life now and what it is that they're going to achieve. What I do is I help them build their plan to get there as because that's the key. Now getting the step by step plan is absolutely critical but we all know then the technical action that's where I really come in and be my own. I basically kick the butt of my clients, I get them moving. Most importantly I get them results so my philosophy at my company is I guarantee people are going to get results my experience comes from having being born into an entrepreneur family my parents ran their own business it wasn't until I was about 10 or 11 where I actually realised people actually worked for other people. Because I didn't get that as I only ever lived in a family business, so I was lucky. I lived a really really lucky life as a kid it was only when I started to grow up I realised that not everyone had the same things we had. Where whatever you wanted you've got to work so damn hard. I didn't see a huge amount of my parents as I was growing up because that's exactly what I did, I did a varies of different things, I didn't end up going to university but at the age of 22 I bought my first house, I thought right I think it's about time I got a proper job, something responsible so I got the opportunity to go and work in a corporate bank, they was looking for people to train them. Training financial advisors so I thought that's pretty responsible working in a bank as a manager I'll go and do that so that started my whole career really in the Finical service industry. What I learnt very quickly was I really didn't know anything about money and lets face it, money affects everything doesn't it? money makes the world go round so it was like right okay, what do I need to do differently here? How I learnt the best way to do it was making some really counter-strophic mistakes and when we look, at all the successful people out there and the entrepreneurs who have achieved really great things in their life. They've all had a categorical failure at some point, I see failure as a benchmark of where you don't wanna go again. You learnt something from it and say okay what do I do next? because like I said it's a journey you've got to keep going on that journey the key to it all is, how important is it to you to reach your end goal? do you really want to reach your end goal? And what are you going to do to make that happen. 


What type of clients have you worked with previously? 

My clients are really varies I got quite a lot of clients within the entertainment industry. Because I'm creative at heart I spent majority of my time on stage as a child I'm a professional speaker now so part of my work is I go in a room and inspire audiences and give them the key thing that they need about their mindset. As Our mind is the most powerful muscle within our body. A lot of people just abuse it. They don't really take control of it in a way that they need to. Because I'm a creative I really understand creative when we look at Actors, singers Directors all those type of people they're absolutely amazing at what they do but sometimes they aren't so great at the money side of things. Especially the journey that they have to go on, So I've worked with Film directors, Musicians, singers, Fashion designs, but then on the complete other end of the spectrum I work with business people. Business people that want to increase their income because lets face it we all know that inflation is everyone's enemy it's eating away at everyone's income so we've got to be one step ahead of the game. All the time! So what I do is I help people to increase the income streams that they've got at the moment then add additional streams. As one of the key things that I learnt in the Finical service industry, is that you don't want to put all you eggs in one basket now that's a really risky thing to do isn't it? When you've got everything in one place. Because if that goes wrong what's plan B? So what I do, I say well Okay where are you right now and where do you want to be and with all of them. Basically they're all pretty much the same, we start off by finding out what their vision is where do they wanna be, usually in 6 weeks time to start off with, then we look at a longer plan for 3-4 years. So it's about saying right okay I'm earning 400,000K a year now and I wanna up the level that by 50, so what we do is right okay. What's the process that need to happen, so the great thing about my job it's really diverse because you get to hear about some really interesting stuff. Really interesting people. and the most rewarding thing of all of it is watching the transformation and getting the feedback about all these amazing things that has happened in their life. And that's what makes me tick as my passion is people and it always has been ever since I was a really little girl I've always been intrigued with people because I just think there so interesting, because I've lived a quite interesting journey myself part of my story is that I had a break down at 29 because I let too much get to me I wasn't being responsible for my own actions and that's the key thing we have to realise that regardless what happens in our life we are 100% responsible for our it which is hard for a lot of people because they'd be in the whole victim mindset like it, where they state I did what I could, No! it's your fault. Just accept it and do you know what move on so it's powerful because as I said it's a diverse of people that I deal with, but it's mainly self-employed,entrepreneur & business people are they're the ones who really want to really think outside the box. And Move things forward. 

As you've told me your history with a background history of being a family full of business, was business something you always knew you wanted to go into, or did you just fall into it? 

Basically I knew I always wanted to run my own company when I was younger but I didn't get into uni the one that I wanted. And because I was a head strong teenager I was like Sod you then I won't go and I go offered a job by the company I was doing part time for him here in Birmingham. throughout my teenage years in actually in the city Plaza in varies different places they just offered me a job. It was easy to be honest it was like yeah I can do that. you know and I did it well. I took over a shop that was called James boots makers I took over their shop, it was failing massively. I turned it around I turned it to a position where it started to make money, it went from being at the bottom of the league tables on the company table which when I started it was like 10th from bottom. But I wasn't a very good employee and the reason I wasn't a good employee is because I give shit basically excuse my language when I can think thing's aren't working well in a business and I see of a way of how it can be done better then I tell people. The fact of the matter is they don't always want to hear it especially when I used to work in the corporate world I remember when I left HSBC I remember leaving I remember saying I work for a corporate bank in about 2002, didn't even have an external email we have a computer that's based of the north cos problem it didn't even bloody have word processor let alone spell check. And We're a corporate bank and they didn't like it and I very quickly learnt that the only way that I would be able to leap furthest was I believe which I felt would be acceptable for my clients. Really do something with the person who's working themselves. I actually set up the company that I've got now roughly about 2-3 years ago. I've been self employed for about 15 years because I've worked within the financial industry for many many years. And Again the frustration is still there but as I got older as like a lot of people you see yourself you start thinking the thing that gets most people is fear because you could be fear full of being rejected could be fearful of being expressive of not being enough of not getting to where we want to get to, So I had this useful loving relationship for the industry. I also had to do exams every year and I was a terrible student haha. so it was like yeah okay haha. So it was actually like 6 years ago that I knew I wanted to be a coach as I coached myself after my breakdown I even had coaching myself and that's the thing that helped me move forward, I didn't want to reflect on the past. I want to go forward and focus on the future and what I got to learn from the coaching was that I could begin to coach myself. So I thought right I'll do it, I went and got some training done. I did my training. I came up with the concept was exactly what I do now which is bringing together my knowledge of the finical industry, my life experiences. I went off to america at the age of 16 I became an international exchange student without my parents so my mom and dad weren't around to help me anymore to help me grow up. But the you grow up just like that when your on your own because you have too. I had a wise head on, very young. I just thought right okay with all my experience I've pretty much worked in sales pretty much my whole career, So i know how to talk to people I know how to interact with people so I thought this would be great. Working with the clients that I work with in the industry what I realised was I work with people who are really trained company factory workers the reality of the frustration was that a lot of these issues that was going on for them  was relatively the same if you heard the amount of money they would be talking about. So I'd think right okay interesting a couple of things that you don't get taught in school. We do maths they say we need it so I'm like right okay put that together with that then put that together with that and actually 
giving people an amazing foundation and money concern really will set them up for achieving what ever they want in what ever area of their life. As money runs everything. So I carried on doing what I was doing I let the devil of the subconscious convince me that I wouldn't ever be good enough to do it. Who was going to convince me otherwise. And some other stuff happened within my life which kind of made me step back and go do you know what? I'm either going to do it or I'm not. I don't believe in regrets as you can't change the past so I don't believe in regretting things I just thought right If I don't do this now then I am going to regret it. And Yeah that's how I live my life.  So I started doing some networking stuff. A few things now about what  people would do in their destiny so I thought right lets do it. Lets go for it. I set up my business in October/November 2011 and pretty much the rest is history. 


So you've had an incredible career so far. What would you say has been your biggest achievement? 


ahh that's a good question. I think my biggest achievement which might sound a bit crazy to people but probably understanding Clare. That might sound really bizarre but do we really understand ourselves? Do we understand our behaviour and our actions? Why people act in certain ways, and believe certain things about ourselves do you know for me it was a continuous journey I mean develop myself constantly as I got coached as majority parts in my life so I practise what I preach I just think understanding you and taking control of your mind was probably one of the most talented things I've ever did. The second I did it everything in my life suddenly changed so I think the biggest achievement for me is believing in me, realising that I was good enough and just going out there and saying do you know what world here I am. 


If you had 3 words that could describe your profession what would it be? 

Electric powerful and awesome, it's the power of the words and with the speaking coach that I work with she pretty much helps me quite a lot as they taught me when you speak that only 7% actually works and what counts and it's like 75% is body language, hand jesters and the way you connect with your audience. She turned around and said to me it was so good I didn't even need to look at your hand movements I was just listening to what you said haha. So I was like I'm going to take that a complement but it is, it's powerful it's electric it's pride as well if I can have a forth haha. you'd gain a real sense of pride knowing you've made a difference, an inspired them. what they go and do next is really interesting because the statistics whether someone goes to see a talk or something or training. 60% of people will show up on the day, having being that engaged that'll be different 35%
will show up on the day and will change for a month 25% of people will change forever. It's a real key for when people look at the world today, and look at the percentage of successful people today the percentage of people of where they want to be in life achieving the things is very very small. For me when we look back on the system and the way that we educate the youth. Be controversially to the system, literally teaching them on the subject matter put an exam on it. Teach them life skills as you'll never know what the real world is like, it'll make you shocked and amazed people. When they leave school and all of a sudden they go to college then go get a job. Then they suddenly feel like what? what's all this about then? Don't we get to pick when can go on holiday anymore haha. that is the key, living your life with a purpose and what I mean by that is they get up they go to work , they go home, go to bed, get up go to work, go home and go to bed. For me that's excising, it's about loving the life you live and living your life like everyday. 

This is a fun question more than anything, but if you had a movie based around your whole life who would you want to play you? 

hmm I suppose Drew Barrymore actually because in a lot of ways I just really relate to her I just look at the life she had I find it really interesting like a really eccentric person, And I just think she'll be really great to have a drink with. haha!


If you was to give someone advice about to becoming a coach themselves what advice would you give them? 

Make sure coaching is for you. It's about doing what you love. one of the things I learnt when working in the finical servicing industry, was making sure your clients enjoy what you do. & 95% of them will say no I hate it. I'm a brummy a very very dry humour and very sarcastic as you know a lot of brumes are I'll sit there and say right have you got a gun to your head? to then they would go what are you talking about? you've told me you hate it. there is no gun to your head then why are you doing it? I think for anybody that wants to make a career out of as a coach first of all you've got to have a real passion for something. As you're there as their support mechanism you're there if they want you basically someone to hold their hand help them move forward, so my advice could be. do it because you want to do it. Do it because you love people. Do it most importantly it's the reason why your here because my why, when you've got a good reason to why you want to do something 
 then you will do it really well. And my why to make everyone in world smile because there is no reason to be unhappy and many people live in this constant negativity world people always ask me wow you've got amazing energy how do you stay positive all the time,  because I've been in a really bad place in my life and I never want to go back there again and what I realised nothing was working in my life because my mind wasn't in the right place. If you go a little deeper into it all and look at December last year the whole calendar thing, the world was gonna end on the 31st of December well it did end the world 3 dimension ended and the worlds 4 dimension became the world that we lived in and what I mean by that is quantum physics is a study that a lot and people over the years felt it wouldn't mean anything but they were wrong now. The thought process you have and the focus that you have will bring. Theres a joke that when I want something I put the intention out there to the universe of what I want. Like one of them for me is when I need a car park space. When I'm driving up I just say could you make sure that there's a parking space right here for me please. It never fails, A couple of weeks ago I went I really want to get on the radio again. Then the next morning I popped up linkedin someone posted I got a gap in my radio show anybody free? Bang the you go. So it's about getting that focus right that most importantly having that purpose of actually doing it. You need having your our views of the whatever the job is if you wanna be a coach you've got to be people person but most importantly you've got to have real passion and tenacity and drive and just power as well power is quite important as well the way that you show up, is going to affect how you deal with your clients so it's important for you to know what it is that you're doing, where it is that you're going and love life. 


Where do you see yourself in the next 12 months? 

In the next 12 months I see myself speaking more internationally than I do already as I've got a couple of international clients at the moment I want to be working more internationally as my aims is in 3 years I want to be living in the states and 6 months a year instead of living in the UK all the time. So in 12 months time I hope to be doing more speaking, seeing clients than I am  on a one to one because I absolutely love it. And also there isn't many female speakers and I know I tick that box very very well. So you could say what my mission is overall I wanna be the number one female speaker on the planet earth so the next 12 months is about me moving towards my goal even more than I am right now. And just touching peoples lives powering people, making a difference that's the main thing what I want to keep doing. Bigger Vision means a bigger plan. But it's amazing and it's so worth it. 





No comments