John Newman Tribute Album Review




John Newman - Tribute
Album Review
Reviewed By: Liam O'Leary 

This album spoke to me on many ways, it's been a while since I've experienced and soulful and moving masterpiece of an album, having the amazement to listen to every track off the album without needing to skip a single track. It gives you a sense of discovery, you begin to learn about john throughout the length of the album, it's moving, it's powerful, literally maintains everything for a best album awards. 

What makes me love this album so much is that it's completely different from albums out there at the moment, it has character and depth. I admired this album, as I said it helps you understand john Newman as an artist you can understand the pain he went through writing this. It's an delight to the ears. Absolute flawless. This album includes the two smash hits that's previously gained him chart success around the past weeks 'Love me again' & 'Cheating' having a constant feel good factor and party feel to the album has a great feel towards the whole element. 

There isn't Not many albums out there where you can literally listen to it endlessly and not skip a single track, absolutely incredible. As it's Christmas soon coming up it'll make the perfect and ideal present most definitely. It's a great album that has a great feeling all around have a sense of greatness around it. Having you not wanting to skip a single track you just want to find out more about his life and his experiences. It's a sheer soulful passionate album I found it absolutely such a incredible album to experience. 

For me john Newman has proved himself on many levels more ways than one. This album is definitely in the running for best album of 2013. I won't be surprised if we find this album doing a adele or a Emele Sande staying in the charts for endless amounts of weeks. It's got the characteristics to be a legendary album. Faultless. Just an all around incredible album. I hope to see and hear more from John throughout the year as it literally made me begin to admire John Newman as an artist, I didn't appreciate him regarding his singles don't get me wrong I thought they was absolutely incredible, hearing them made me excited to listen to the album yet, it help me learn and discover about him on a personal level. I just couldn't fault it. 

Overall I'll give this album 10/10 as it ticked all the boxes for me it's absolutely insanely brilliant words can't describe how magnificent this album was. I was speechless from the first track continued right up until the last. It had soul it had a jazz feel just amazing. I couldn't fault anything about the album just genuinely brilliant. I feel personally you'll definitely hear more about this album as months go by as he's just an incredible artist.   



Favourite 4 Tracks off the album: 


Love me again - Of course it was going to be in the favourites in the album it was the single that introduced him into the music industry the single that made everyone realise this kid has got soul. It's such a powerful smooth jazzfeeling style tune. I literally can't get enough of it. in my eyes It's just brilliant. 





Cheating - Again another single that made everyone release his true talents and another single that's embraced the charts and refusing to leave. I love this specific single as it not only has soul and feeling and emotion in the song but it has creativity in it too, literally amazing. I think it's a song that regardless if you are a fan of John's or not it'll end up being a guilty pleasure if you don't anyway. 









All I need is you - It's such a classic soulful track and it brings a feel good factor towards it, it's a great single. Just like the whole album it's different elements he's either experienced or currently going through is pretty impressive. Knowing what he's been through and putting it across through his music is incredible. 




Out of my head - It's different, it's unique just like the whole album it's different I like it because it has character and depth with it. I found this track really passionate and different although you could state the whole album is different and unique but that's why I admired the whole album. 






Overall I would recommend this album being on the principle that it's different from other albums currently in the charts at the moment. Although saying that however it's the first soul and fresh album I've heard. He made soul sound a new invented genre when it's been around years. It's absolutely incredible album I could't knock a single track off the album I genuinely thought the whole album was incredible. 


Grab your copy of John Newman - Tribute on Itunes NOW! 



No comments